The unintentional and frequent passage of urine is called urinary leak or more technically urinary incontinence. The existence of urinary incontinence is found more in women than men. According to an estimate about twice as many women as men are afflicted with urinary leak.
The most common types of urinary leaks are –
- Stress leaks – this kind of leak is caused by weakness in the pelvic floor muscles. While coughing, sneezing or laughing your pelvic muscles undergo immense pressure and if they are weak urine may leak through
- Urge leaks – here you feel an intense urge to pass urine a lot of times even after you have recently done so.
As mentioned stress leaks are caused by weakness of pelvic muscles and urge leaks are caused by detrusor muscles’ over activeness in the bladder.
Sometimes a urinary infection may also be the cause of urinary leak.
A pelvic exam, a urine test and an analysis of your fluid intake will quickly determine the cause of your urinary leak.
The Treatment will involve the following –
- Changes in your lifestyle.
- Strengthening of you pelvic muscles by training.
- Training your bladder to control the urge.
- Antibiotics to control the urinary tract infection.
If these treatments aren’t successful India’s best gynaecologist in Mumbai, Dr Nandita Palshetkar has a slew of surgical options to manage your urinary leak problem.
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar is a obgyn specialist in Mumbai, India, who combines high level of medical expertise with the latest treatment related medical technology to offer high success rates among Infertility treatments. For more information or consultation please write to email@example.com