Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is an advanced process of doing a thorough genetic check up of your fertilized 2-3 day old embryo before implanting it in your uterus to see if any hereditary genetic conditions have been passed on from the parents to the would be baby.
You should certainly choose PGD as a precaution if –
- You have had multiple abortions due to genetic conditions.
- You have had a child with serious genetic conditions.
- You have had a family medical history of serious genetic disorders.
- You are fearful of a genetic condition affecting your baby.
Certainly! Dr. Nandita Palshetkar has decades of experience in performing ivf and associated procedures. Dr. Palshetkar is a world renowned ivf specialist with state of the art ivf clinics all over India. The clinics are equipped with the best PGD equipment and qualified staff.
The Steps that Lead Up To fertilisation are the same as any ivf procedure. Then as usual the egg is allowed to fertilize with the sperm. Following that –
- One or two cells are removed from the embryo.
- The genetic make up of the embryo is studied to see if it contains the gene that matches with the problem causing gene in the family.
- If unaffected the embryo is transferred into the uterus to let our develop.
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar is a fertility specialist in Mumbai, India, who combines high level of medical expertise with the latest IVF treatment related medical technology to offer high success rates among Infertility treatments. For more information or consultation please write to firstname.lastname@example.org